Data Analytics Consultant (Contractor)
About the role:
Good Insights is looking for a motivated Data Consultant to join our team! In this role, you will collect, analyze, and interpret data to identify trends and patterns that can help inform decisions.
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with data and who wants to be part of a bigger cause by working with organizations who are striving to change the world for the better.
About Good Insights:
Good Insights uses the power of data to enable mission-driven leaders and organizations to measure impact and strategize around social good.
Our approach is rooted in trust: we work closely with our partners to understand their unique mission and goals and we use data analysis and visualizations to help them achieve those goals. We aim to positively influence policies and resource allocation by using data to evaluate impact, inform strategies, and communicate best practices.
We’re a small but mighty team of data and social sector professionals with a passion for people and a deep understanding of how data can be used to solve challenges and improve outcomes for communities.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute data analysis and research leading to actionable insights
- Develop reports, presentations, and dashboards for partners using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Work extensively in Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau.
Who you are:
We encourage you to apply if you would use the majority of these characteristics to describe yourself:
- You have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) and 2+ years of relevant experience in a business consulting, data/business analyst, education, or public health role.
- You have strong analytical skills; proficiency in MS Excel required. Basic Tableau skills required.
- You have knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, or Alteryx).
- You are very detail-oriented and believe in producing high-quality, accurate work.
- You are passionate about improving public education, global health, economic mobility, and/or child poverty.
- You have a desire to learn, incorporate feedback, and collaborate with a team to improve work products. You ask a lot of questions, and are curious, rather than defensive, when interrogating your own or others’ work.
- You are respectful, effective, and efficient in your interactions with colleagues as well as external parties.
Why work with us:
- We are a close-knit team that values empathy and curiosity in our approach to projects and teamwork.
- Collaboration is at our core – we prioritize learning from our challenges and we adapt and adjust to consistently improve as a group and individually.
- We value mental health, self-care, and work-life balance.
- We embrace slowing down during the winter holidays.
- You work from where you want to work. We’re based in Dallas, Texas, but our team works locally and remote from where they would like.
Good Insights is looking for extraordinary people who want to make a positive impact through their work. Every applicant brings their own unique sets of skills, experiences, and perspectives that could be just what the team needs- there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. So whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this role would make you excited to show up to work every day.
This is a remote contract role that will be needed for approximately 10-15 hours each week through December 31, 2023.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include your hourly rate in your email. We look forward to hearing from you!
Good Insights believes in equal access and opportunity to anyone who qualifies, regardless of sex, race, age, color, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and/or military status.